In this article, we are going to see how we can make homemade hair products (that do not have harmful ingredients) to protect our scalp and nourish our hair.
Let’s have a look at the process of it…
The shampoo helps to remove dirt, dead skin cells, sweat, and excess oil from the scalp. however, the biggest problem nowadays is that there are so many chemicals in the products that instead of benefitting, they harm our scalp.
So, today we will see how to make chemical-free shampoo for a healthy scalp.
- First of all, we need dry reetha (soap nut)
- Grind them into rough powder and fine powder
- Add them into an air-tight container and keep them in the washroom with a bowl kept with it.
- And the homemade chemical-free shampoo is ready to use. All you need to do is mix the powder with water and apply it to your scalp.
Benefits of Reetha – Reetha nourishes our hair and removes the excess oil. also, it eradicates hair fall, dandruff, premature growth of grey hair, scalp itching, split ends, and head lice.
The only thing here is that this shampoo doesn’t create much lather unlike shampoos on the market and it is not even important.
Actually, marketing has brainwashed us in such a way that now we find less lather as not a good shampoo. due to high competition companies have started to use cheap and harmful sulfates to increase their profits which harm our scalp.
Of course, to make it more nourishing we can add equal amounts of dry amla and shikakai. This is one of the best homemade hair products.
Conditioner helps in hair smoothening, adding volume, and reducing hair thinning. But if we oil our hair regularly, we don’t need a conditioner. still, if we need a conditioner separately then we can make a chemical-free conditioner.
Curd, buttermilk, whey water, and aloe vera gel have been the best conditioners since ancient times.
Homemade Hair Oil
A hair oil protects the hair from wear and tear, strengthens hair roots, prevents hair damage, and reduces dryness.
The red onion hair oil is a step ahead as it promotes hair growth, nourishes the scalp, treats dandruff, prevents greying, conditions hair, and fights hair lice infestation.
Let’s see the process of making an authentic red onion hair oil:-
- Take a finely chopped red onion and heat cold pressed sesame oil in a kadhai.
- Now add the chopped onion to hot oil
- Let it fry till the onion becomes completely black.
- Please turn off the flame and cover it with a lid and let it rest for a good 4 hours. This way medicinal properties of onion will soak into the oil
- Once cool, strain the oil and transfer it to a bottle.
This oil is now ready to be applied and make your scalp healthy and nourish your hair.
Some other tips for healthy hair– eating homemade food, doing yogic exercises in which blood circulation is enhanced in the scalp, and avoiding excessive masturbation.
Please do checkout Which Type Of Material Is Best For Bed Sheets